LITTLE PETRA sleeps 2
Sleeps 2 people over 1 bedroom – Holiday Cottages in Cornwall by the Sea
That’s how the local postman has described Vellandreath, a lovely and hidden corner of West Penwith in Far West Cornwall overlooking the wide sweep of Whitesands Bay, Sennen.
Well appointed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – a haven for botanists, wildlife enthusiasts, beachcombers, climbers, ramblers and watermen – this delightful Holiday Cottage in Cornwall by the Sea is set in the privately owned, unspoilt 8-acre Vellandreath Valley in Sennen, next to the beach, bordered by a stream and sand dunes offering spectacular panoramic sea views all year round.
Converted with flair and imagination this quiet and magical setting is only accessible on foot down the sandy beach path from Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Cornwall.
Little Petra has its own private, south-facing walled garden, bordered by a stream. This attractively furnished cottage just 150 metres from the beach commands superb views over Whitesand Bay from both it’s bedroom and living area.
• Open-plan living/dining room with ‘Victorian’ wood-burning stove, slate floor with rug and cosy cottage-style kitchen area with sea views.
• Victorian cast-iron spiral staircase to pretty double bedroom with ornate antique iron bed and sea views.
• Bathroom with shower attachment, toilet and stripped pine floor.
• An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
Little Petra is only accessible by foot down the sandy beach path from our private car park off Sunny Corner Lane, a distance of 250 metres. We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility. Due to the uneven ground of the sand dunes it is advisable to wear sensible shoes. If you are arriving after dark please take a torch. A luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Sleeps up to 2 people
- Bed linen and towels included
- Wood-burning stove – initial fuel included (additional fuel supplied and delivered at cost)
- Electric Night Storage Heaters (cost included)
- Wi-fi internet access
- Freesat TV
- Garden with patio and furniture
- Private car park 250 metres
- Luggage can be transported up and down the valley by tractor – small charge payable to driver
- Wet suit and surf board for hire locally
- Unsuitable for the infirm and those with restricted mobility
- No children except babes in arms
- Friday to Friday Changeover
- Dogs are permitted on the sand dunes, neighbouring Gwenver beach, and Whitesand’s Bay (restricted access during the day in summer at Whitesands Bay)
For Holiday Cottages in Cornwall by the Sea enquiries please contact us