TRESILLIAN sleeps 8
Sleeps 8 people over 4 bedrooms – Holiday Cottages in Sennen Cornwall by the Sea
That’s how the local postman has described Vellandreath, a lovely and hidden corner of West Penwith in Far West Cornwall overlooking the wide sweep of Whitesands Bay, Sennen.
Well appointed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – a haven for botanists, wildlife enthusiasts, beachcombers, climbers, ramblers and watermen – this delightful holiday cottage by the sea in Cornwall is set in the privately owned, unspoilt 8-acre Vellandreath Valley in Sennen, by the beach, bordered by a stream and sand dunes offering spectacular panoramic sea views all year round.
Converted with flair and imagination this quiet and magical setting is only accessible on foot down the sandy beach path from Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Cornwall.
Tresillian is surrounded by its own beautiful large terraced garden which nestles in the cliff face and is only 200 metres
from the beach enjoying spectacular views over Whitesands Bay and Sennen Cove, with distant glimpses of
the Isles of Scilly.
Tresillian, once the farmhouse to the valley, has had a large sympathetic extension transforming it into an exceptionally
light, spacious and comfortable property with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor assuring a warm and cosy
stay whatever the weather.
• Completed to a very high specification, this unusual and quirky character cottage has retained many of its original features:
• Beamed open-plan living room with wood-burning stove in feature inglenook fireplace, rugs on slate floor, exposed granite walls and superb bay views.
• Large dining area with pine refectory table.
• Light, spacious kitchen with freestanding units, integrated appliances and further dining area with island unit.
• Tri-fold, glazed, patio door leading to a sheltered courtyard / barbecue area with superb sea views and lit by afternoon sun.
• Attractively furnished bunk bedroom.
• Stable door to garden.
• Cloakroom with toilet.
• Ornamental wooden and iron winding staircase to first floor:
• Large Master En-suite double bedroom with king-size bed complete with a large freestanding roll-top bath, beams, wonderful sea views leading to en-suite wet room with lavatory and basin.
• Further double bedroom with ornate antique iron bed, exposed granite walls and sea views.
• Spacious twin bedroom with sea views.
• Family bathroom with corner bath, shower attachment, basin and lavatory.
• The first floor has complimentary night storage heating in all rooms, is attractively furnished, with rugs on lime waxed wooden floors and has stunning sea views.
• An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath Valley has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
Tresillian is only accessible by foot down the sandy beach path from our private car park off Sunny Corner Lane, a distance of 150 metres. We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility. Due to the uneven ground of the sand dunes it is advisable to wear sensible shoes. If you are arriving after dark please take a torch. A luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Sleeps 8 people
- Great for kids
- Only 200 metres from the Beach of Whitesands Bay, Sennen – with Superb views
- Situated in a privately owned 8 acre valley designated as an “Area of outstanding natural beauty”
- Terrace with Barbeque and views
- Enclosed garden with outside shower and garden furniture
- With prior arrangement an additional child under 2 years old is welcome with no extra charge.
- High chair & Travel Cot available upon request – please bring your own cot linen etc.
- Bed linen and towels included
- Wood-burning stove – initial fuel included (additional fuel supplied and delivered at cost)
- Underfloor heating on the ground floor & Night Storage Heaters on the first floor assuring a warm & cosy stay whatever the weather (cost included)
- Electricity included
- Freesat TV & DVD
- Internet access / WiFi available
- Books & games
- Oven, Hob, Microwave, Fridge / Freezer, Dishwasher, Washing-machine/dryer, toaster, kettle, etc
- Private car park 150 metres away
- Luggage can be transported up and down the valley by tractor – small charge payable to driver
- Our Caretaker will be available to greet you during designated arrival times
- Wet suit and surf board for hire locally
- Pets are welcome (max. 2) but notice must be given in advance (a small charge may be required)
- Unsuitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility
- Friday to Friday Changeover
- Short breaks are based on Friday – Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday – Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged
- Dogs are permitted on the sand dunes, neighbouring Gwenver beach, and Whitesand’s Bay (restricted access during the day in summer at Whitesands Bay).