Short breaks are based on Saturday - Tuesday changeovers (3 nights) and Tuesday - Saturday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Sheldrake is well appointed within Vellandreath Valley and it’s south-facing garden, with three separate terraces, is a positive sun trap with Echium and Cornish palms enhancing the tropical feel to this wonderful coastal location.
- Spacious, very comfortably furnished living room with leather sofas, ‘Victorian’ wood-burning stove, slate-style floor with rug, picture windows and large, glazed door to terrace with glorious views over the bay to Sennen Cove and distant glimpses of the Isles of Scilly providing an “outside – inside” living experience.
- Separate fully equipped traditional farmhouse kitchen/dining room overlooking the patio and beach with slate worktops, antique dresser, slate floor and back door leading to garden.
- Cloakroom with toilet.
- Two double bedrooms with superb views, each with en-suite shower room and toilet; one with Victorian brass double bed and one with ornate antique double bed.
- Two further prettily decorated cosy bedrooms, each with single bed and built-in bed.
- Family bathroom with shower attachment and toilet.
- Further small and very compact bedroom with 3 ft wide bunk bed (recommended for children).
- Large wood-burner and complimentary night storage heating throughout property assuring a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 3 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
This was our 3rd visit to Vellandreath. It was by far our best holiday ever! Sheldrake is incredible we will be coming back for many years. We have found our little peace of heaven in this valley. We simply all LOVE it! x
We have been lucky to have spent many happy times at Vellandreath over the last 10 years. The area has been lovingly cared for, and for this reason, makes it a very special place. Can't thank you enough!
We had an amazing week at Sheldrake. The cottage was lovely, gardens beautiful and the view absolutely stunning. Thank you - a perfect and timely break to celebrate with family!
My family and myself enjoyed staying in the lovely cottage named Sheldrake.We would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a relaxing holiday,in beautiful surroundings.The peace and and quiet is difficult to find in this ever increasing frenetic world...
Sheldrake is very special and I can't think of a more beautiful place to stay, a good cardio workout up the hill each day too! The sea view, amazing gardens and access to Sennen and the beach made our holiday perfect...
Absolutely perfect bit of heaven- breathtaking location & cosy cottage which accommodated a large group. Lovely walk to Sennen for a bit of civilisation without having to get in the car & great walk to Lands End (even with the relaxed attitude to bus timetables on the journey back!)...
Another perfect week at Vellandreath. The weather was kind to us so we had beautiful walks on the beaches and along the coast...such a stunning area. Sheldrake was, as always, lovely and Brian was welcoming and helpful as ever...
This is a lovely cottage with stunning views over the bay. Not for those who might be terribly unsteady on their feet but the position is magnificent.
A wonderful get-away-from -it -all location. The five children loved exploring the dunes and surfing. The dolphins visit to the cove on our last night was an extra special treat. What a wonderful week! Diolch yn fawr iawn.
Huw & Lizzie MacMillan
These houses are in the most perfect setting with fabulous views of the bay and the hillsides. Sheldrake is characterful and pretty with gardens looking out at various angles. We were lucky with beautiful weather which meant we could spend many hours on the beach with the dogs...
An outstanding property in an outstanding location. Brian the caretaker was always available if you needed him ( helped when my son had left the lights on his car on overnight and had a flat battery )...
Ian and Oona McKay
Beautiful house - we had a great week - thank you
I rented Sheldrake with a party of 8 (there were two cancellations at the last moment). We had a great time. We fell in love with the cottage and beautiful views of Sennen Beach immediately. The cottage was neat and tidy and had all the facilities we needed...