Sleeps up to 2 people
in 1 bedroom
- Friday changeover
You can optionally create an account to save time on future bookings.
Book this property
Short breaks are based on Friday - Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday - Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Cats Cradle is approached down winding granite steps to a small slate patio garden and is just 200 metres from the beach. This cosy, romantic cottage enjoys a sea view from its double-glazed conservatory living room.
Double-glazed conservatory living room with Sofa and sea views.
- Open-plan kitchen/dining area with exposed beams and granite walls, ‘Victorian’ wood-burning stove and rugs on slate floor.
- Ornate narrow, steep spiral staircase to first floor:
- Pretty double bedroom with Victorian brass bed, sea view and en-suite bathroom with shower attachment and toilet.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 1 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
Never has a piece of advertising blurb been so amazingly correct. Definitely a "little piece of heaven" we loved staying at Cats Cradle many thanks to all at Vellandreath Cornish Cottages and in particular, Brian who helped with ferrying the luggage up and down! Thanks again!
The cottage was absolutely perfect, although small it was perfect for just two of us. We chose the location because of the beach and we managed to surf everyday. It was a nice walk around the cove to the nearest pub and restaurant...
We didn't want to leave, I think that says it all! The cottages are in a magnificent location which is wonderfully serene and only a short walk from the beach. Sennen Cove itself is just around the corner and easily reached via a sandy path...
A fantastic spot. No need for a car to get to the beach and the coastal path. Thanks.
Dan Kopman and Sheena Cook
We have returned to Vellandreath again, 14 years after our first visit, and it was even more beautiful and serene than we remembered... A week away from it all, in our cosy cottage full of character, amongst the dunes and the flowers, by a clear brook where surely the Fairies live, why did we leave it for so long? We have already booked for next year!
Gorgeous setting for a holiday- truly one of the most glorious places we've ever stayed. The accommodation of cats cradle is a small space, but it has been done up brilliantly utilising the space very well...
Had a lovely week at Cats Cradle....lovely peacefull cottage...loved the small conservatory to sit in come evening.....views were amazing.....sunsets stunning.....the staff ...Peter and Brian.....very friendly and helpfull.
These were our most beautiful holidays we ever had. The cottage was so lovingly decorated and the landscape was so great. We've never enjoyed before such magnificient view. We will soon come back to this lovely place.