Short breaks are based on Friday - Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday - Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Basking Shark is an open-plan studio cottage with stunning sea views, exposed granite walls and a slate-style floor with underfloor heating.
A perfect place to relax and watch the world go by – and perhaps even a basking shark!
Stable door to a cosy living space with stunning sea views, exposed granite walls and a slate-style floor with underfloor heating throughout for a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
- Onto a fitted kitchen area looking out to sea.
- Step to double bedroom.
- All simply but attractively furnished.
- Bathroom with shower attachment and toilet.
- 150 metres from the beach
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 1 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
Had a wonderful week at Basking Shark with my husband and our little dog Booker. The cottage was in a beautiful location and the views from the lounge and kitchen windows was exceptional. The cottage itself was cosy and was equipped with everything you needed for your holiday...
Such an amazing week; weather was unseasonably glorious, and the location was breathtaking. Afraid i didn't join the brave souls in swimsuits (in October!) actually taking a dip, but the coast and sunshine and stunning accomodation was utterly restorative...
I had a wonderful stay at this lovely bijou cottage looking onto the sea and sands at Sennen. Beautifully furnished and designed inside with a lovely garden. The team picking up and taking luggage back couldn't have been nicer...
Fabulous just the place for a quiet escape, small but perfect, ideal for the two of us to switch off from the world and relax.
Great cottage with a very nice view over the sea. The cottage had enough room for two persons and has everything you need for a relaxing vacation. From the cottage it's easy to access the Coastal footpath to Sennen Cove/Land's End or St Just...
Another wonderful stay in Vellandreath (our 15th!); stunning location, lovely cosy cottage. Can't wait to return in April!
Lovely cottage with fantastic views. Very nicely furnished and perfect for a quiet and relaxed holiday with a little surfing thrown in.
Very beautiful location with stunning seaview, snug but well stocked accommodation which was clean and welcoming, Sennen itself boasts a good choice of places to eat which serve delicious freshly cooked foods, lots of beautiful coastline to enjoy, will definitely return.
Total relaxation!! This place is amazing!!! We loved every minute and we did not want to leave!! We are already planning on a return trip xx
Mr & Mrs Fowler
We had the most fantastic week, the cottage was lovely, comfortable and cosy. The views from the cottage was stunning . Uninterrupted views of white sands beach, beautiful white sand and turquoise sea...