Short breaks are based on Friday - Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday - Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Tresillian is surrounded by its own beautiful large terraced garden which nestles in the cliff face and is only 200 metres from the beach enjoying spectacular views over Whitesands Bay and Sennen Cove, with distant glimpses of the Isles of Scilly.
- Completed to a very high specification, this unusual and quirky character cottage has retained many of its original features:
- Beamed open-plan living room with wood-burning stove in feature inglenook fireplace, rugs on slate floor, exposed granite walls and superb bay views.
- Large dining area with pine refectory table.
- Light, spacious kitchen with freestanding units, integrated appliances and further dining area with island unit.
- Tri-fold, glazed, patio door leading to a sheltered courtyard / barbecue area with superb sea views and lit by afternoon sun.
- Attractively furnished bunk bedroom.
- Stable door to garden.
- Cloakroom with toilet.
- Ornamental wooden and iron winding staircase to first floor:
- Large Master En-suite double bedroom with king-size bed complete with a large freestanding roll-top bath, beams, wonderful sea views leading to en-suite wet room with lavatory and basin.
- Further double bedroom with ornate antique iron bed, exposed granite walls and sea views.
- Spacious twin bedroom with sea views.
- Family bathroom with corner bath, shower attachment, basin and lavatory.
- The first floor has complimentary night storage heating in all rooms, is attractively furnished, with rugs on lime waxed wooden floors and has stunning sea views.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath Valley has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- We have our own private car park.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 3 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
A lovely house in a wonderful location. The beautiful garden and imaginative planting was an unexpected pleasure. Everyone was very helpful.
WOW! What a fantastic cottage and what a fantastic area. We spent a glorious week at Tresillian in early June. The house is beautiful and perfectly equipped. A short walk to the idillic beach and a nice short hike to the dog beach to the east...
Tresillian is the most perfectly appointed coastal cottage. It looks beautiful; has everything you need to enjoy your stay, and is a joyful walk through the dunes to the magnificent sands at Sennen. My whole family adored it!
We have stayed a few times now at Tresillian,it is the most beautiful house with a lovely interior and the garden is fantastically secluded, peaceful and filled with beautiful shrubs and flowers. We love coming here, it is the most relaxing break...
The Tyers family
We had a beautiful week at Tresillian. It is a lovely house with beautiful views from upstairs, private gorgeous gardens also with brilliant views and a marvellous standard of equipment. We were welcomed and seen off brilliantly by Brian who provided his usual high level of warmth and care throughout our holiday...
What an unbelievable great experience we had staying at Tresillian! Such a beautiful house, such a great location! Definitely coming back! Thanks and untill next time!
Petra van Gemert
We've been on lots of holidays over the years and decided to have an old fashioned seaside trip with our grown up daughters and we can honestly say this was the best we have ever experienced. Right from the welcome from Brian, the stunning view and then this fantastic cottage...
Terry & Lindy
Very nice comfortable and clean location. Great service by the staff. Thank you. We were surprised about the climate and the landscape. We found the hous exactly like pictured on the Vellandreath Web site...
Family Rische and frieds from Germany
We had a delightful week staying at Tresillian. We enjoyed ourselves immensely . The house itself, the setting and also the weather were all perfect. Many thanks Charles and Jane
Charles & Jane Williams
We had a fabulous stay the cottage is beautiful and surroundings gorgeous. Perfect place to unwind and relax. Haven for puppy/dog as no traffic in valley, extra peace of mind. We would definitely return.
We had a fantastic long weekend at Tressillian - wish we could have stayed longer. Beautiful cottage in a fabulous situation. Hopefully will be back next year.
We had a wonderful time at Tresilian. The sun shone, the cottage was lovely - even better than the photos - and the setting was gorgeous. It was the perfect location... We will be back as soon as we can!
We had a fantastic stay at Tresillian, the cottage was really nice and had everything we needed, it was decorated really well. We loved the fact it was situated right on the beach, the kids loved it, the only down fall was the weather but we still had a great time...
Tresilian is simply beautiful, the main bedroom is incredible with the bath at the foot of the bed! Brian and Peter couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, and the whole weekend was perfect.
Our holiday at Tresillian was a great success. All the family including our grandson enjoyed the lovely house. It is just right for a relaxing holiday with a well kept garden for those warm sunny days when you need to eat outside...