Short breaks are based on Friday - Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday - Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Petra is perfect for families and boasts an enclosed south-facing garden with wonderful sea views. Attractively furnished in ‘Victorian’ country style, this comfortable cottage has a spacious beamed living/dining room with granite walls and slate floor.
- Spacious beamed living/dining room with granite walls, slate floor with rugs and ‘Victorian’ wood-burning stove in inglenook fireplace.
- Separate galley kitchen with wonderful sea views.
- First floor : Double bedroom with ornate antique iron bed.
- Two further cosy bedrooms, each with single bed and built-in bed (one with 2ft 6in beds).
- Bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet.
- All rooms have rugs on stripped pine floor.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 2 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
As always, a pleasure to stay in your cottages. Brain was there to take our luggage down to the cottage. The cottages are very well equipped, clean and very comfy. Love staying here. Back again and again and again...
Michele & Richard
Beautiful cottage with stunning views and coastal walks. If you crave peace and quiet this is the place to recharge your batteries. Perfect for surfers. Would definately rent any of the cottages here as they all looked beautiful...
What an amazing Cottage! Very warm and cosy and perfect location for the beach, and who would have thought, surfing in November! A big mention to Brian who was lovely.
Me and my family fully enjoyed the week we stayed in Petra. We all liked the cottage very much. The place is an ideal spot to start walks along the coast or to go down to the wonderful beach. The boys took surfing lessons down at Sennen Cove and loved to be in the sea...
This was our fourth stay at Vallendreath, with three teenage children too. The weather and surf were good, which always helps. But Petra is/was a lovely cottage to stay in, the BBQ in the garden with the sun setting to the west - was great...
Splendid stay. What a location! The house is both very comfortable and well appointed. Lots of stuff to do and enjoy. All were very friendly and helpful, especially Brian.
A wonderful week. Brian and Peter terrific. All very special and lovely...
Another wonderful week at Vellendreath. Everything we could ask for from a holiday cottage in the most incredible location. Human and dog friendly! There's no doubt we'll return.
Beautiful location & tastefully restored without losing the unique character of the property Perfect for couples with young children looking to explore the area & the Cornish Coastal Path or beach & surf lovers...
Steve & Sharon Illingworth
Stayed at Vellandreath four times previously, absolutely stunning! Spent a lovely new year here, love this place so much, such a peaceful stay, didn't even mind the weather! Just kept the fire on, very tranquil! will be back!
We fell in love with Petra the moment we arrived and booked to come back again before we left. The area is outstandingly beautiful and the cottage far exceeded expectations with comfort and attention to detail...
Beverley and Paul Hutton
It really is a fantastic place to stay! The location is impeccable and the house, while compact, works really well and has all the conveniences to make a very special and memorable holiday! Thank you!
Thank you for the wonderful stay in Petra Cottage. It's such a lovely place surrounded by a beautiful landscape. We loved the view from our Garden directly to the sea!
Micaela and Family
We returned to Vellandreath after 20 years absence and how I wish we had not left it so long! Such a beautiful spot! In 1996 we were two and now we are four (sons 4yrs and 11yrs) and we all had the most wonderful time...