Short breaks are based on Saturday - Tuesday changeovers (3 nights) and Tuesday - Saturday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Castaways is a south facing former net loft and is snugly set in the dunes, only 250 metres from the beach with its own sun-trapped garden, bordered by a stream, enjoying spectacular views over Whitesands Bay, Sennen and Sennen Cove, with distant glimpses of the Isles of Scilly.
- Slate steps wind down to the front door through terraced gardens with pretty flowers and lawned borders offering seats to soak up the ambience of Vellandreath Valley and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Castaways’ open plan living area and bespoke conservatory brings the “outside – inside” assuring a unique stay.
- Castaways’ exposed beams, high ceilings and granite walls grant it immense character and charm.
- Castaways has underfloor heating throughout the ground floor assuring a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
- Open Castaways’ tri-fold glazed patio doors off its high ceilinged conservatory and the inside living area magically merges with the garden resulting in an excellent design feature.
- Castaways has a spacious open plan living / dining room with a freestanding beech kitchen area complete with “touch sensitive” hob, convection oven, micro-wave and belfast sink.
- The pretty double bedroom with antique brass and iron double bed has rugs on slate floors and an ornate antique wardrobe. Leading from this high ceilinged sleeping space is the en-suite tiled wet room with a power shower, basin and lavatory.
- From the open plan living area stripped pine stairs lead to the first floor with complimentary night storage heating throughout assuring a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
- Further family bathroom and sleeping area with a double bed, high beamed ceilings, original sash window giving way to sea views with another feature window overlooking the garden and stream.
- Granite walls compliment lime-waxed floorboards surrounded by attractive furnishings in this rustic but contemporary fisherman’s cottage setting.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 2 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
We had a weeks stay in Castaways which we found fantastic. The cottage was tremendous and the staff extremely helpful. We will certainly be visiting again. Many thanks to all at Vellandreath Cornish Cottages.
We enjoyed a splendid week at Castaways, although one of the few Vellandreath properties without a sea view from the living area the fantastic garden with amazing views of the bay more than makes up for it...
Another fantastic stay in Castaways. We especially enjoy sitting in the garden, listening to nearby babbling brook, watching the sun disappear over the horizon and star gazing at night. Oh yes, of course, walking above the sea and beach as well...
Tony, Hilary, Tom and Lisa
Castaways was a lovely cottage. We spent a week in Cornwall and loved the scenery and peaceful stay. It was rejuvenating and we had no issues with the cottage. The secluded area reminds me of the east coast of South Africa.
We had an absolutely marvellous time on this holiday, our dog was beside himself with the amazing walks he had on the deep sandy beach & in the sand dunes. We went out of season in November, as you can take your furry pals on the beaches then...
A wonderful week. The cottage was delightful and the location is second to none. We're coming back.
Castaways exceeded all expectations, with it's peaceful setting and stunning coastal views. The well equipped cottage offers a great layout with comfort, warmth and oodles of character! Three adults and two dogs arrived feeling tired but left feeling relaxed and refreshed...
A delightful cottage in a stunning location with everything you could need for a relaxing break. Brian was helpful and charming...
We stayed in Castaways on the first week in April. We were met by Brian the caretaker on our arrival who was very helpful. The cottage was very clean and comfortable, the garden was amazing, planted up beautifully...
Great holiday cottage. very clean and amazing location will definitely come again. Anyone with dogs that love to run and explore won't find a better place than this.
Our second visit after we loved the cottage and the area so much in spring this year. The weather was excellent - really warm for October. A few very helpful surfing lessons from the Sennen Cove crew. Our dog was ecstatic to be back...
stunning cottage in a stunning location. Cottage was beautifully decorated and furnishings were of a high standard.
As ever, a wonderful stay and plenty of sunshine to boot! Everyone involved with the cottages so friendly and helpful. Looking forward to returning soon. Thank you.
Andy, Gill, Pat, Jerrer, Alf & Mills
Castaways was even prettier and more beautifully turned out in real life than in its photographs. The conservatory captures the sun and opens out to create plenty of space. The facilities were excellent...
This must be our 14th stay to Vellandreath - there's a reason we keep coming back!! Castaways is by far our favourite cottage - the gardens with the stream running through are simply stunning. Only problem is, it gets booked up so far in advance! Brian the caretaker is helpful and friendly yet allows you the privacy to have a wonderful relaxing holiday...
Mr and Mrs K
Wonderful , thank you.
Rainer u. Mela with kids from germany
Beautiful cottage and lovely garden in a fabulous location - truly a little piece of heaven. We'll definitely be back for another stay in this idyllic spot.
Mike & Alison with Jazz & Bobbi (2 labs)
A beautiful cottage in a stunning location. We will be returning to Castaways for another very relaxing holiday.
Martin and Sarah Kent
Beautiful cottage & garden, absolutely stunning location, already booked for our return !
Kerry & Keith
What a beautiful property and location. Such a lovely relaxing stay. We will definitely return. Thank you