Short breaks are based on Friday - Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday - Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Sandpipers is a reverse level dwelling enjoying its own wooden bridge just 250 meters from the beach with spectacular sea views over Whitesands Bay, Sennen and the Atlantic Ocean.
Completed to a high specification with its own first floor balcony and patio, this exceptionally light and comfortable
property is set in the heart of Vellandreath valley with wonderful sea views.
- Access to this cornish cottage is by a wooden bridge in true nautical style.
- The sheltered decked balcony has superb sea-views and is perfect for al fresco dining and sundowners.
- The open plan living area has wonderful sea views from the large floor to ceiling picture window – superb for watching the sunset.
- There is a compact and well equipped bespoke kitchen and dining area.
- Sandpipers’ high ceilings with exposed beams, granite walls and lime-waxed wooden floors result in a light and airy feel.
- Stairs to the ground floor where there is slate and underfloor heating throughout.
- Here can be found the bedroom boasting an antique brass and iron double bed setting the scene and an en-suite tiled wet-room with power shower, basin and lavatory.
- Outside there is a sheltered private slate patio with garden furniture and a surf board store bordered by attractive granite walls and tropical plants.
- The garden is terraced with colourfull tropical plants complimented by the wonderful scenery of Vellandreath Valley with all its flora, fauna and spectacular panoramic views.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 1 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
We had a fabulous stay. The whole experience at Vellendreath with no cars, the views and the quality of the cottage was exactly what we were after...
A welcome break again in lovely Sandpipers, the 3rd time and our 6th visit to Vellandreath cottages. What better than watch the sunset from the huge window...! See you next year.
Eric van Rekum
Comfortable, well-furnished and a truly idyllic setting!
I loved Sandpipers. Beautifully finished inside and of course a location that's second to none....
We really enjoyed our stay at Sandpipers. Fabulous location
Lovely week of sun (mainly) in Sennen, staying in Sandpipers at Vellandreath. Cottage was fantastic, great view down to the sea. This was our 3rd visit and we plan to be back.
A great place for rest and relaxation. Exquisite views. Beautiful sunsets. A 1-minute walk from a perfect, white sandy beach. Friendly staff with outstanding luggage service. Property finished to a very high standard...
Mr & Mrs Lowe
Absolutely perfect location for a break. Complete relaxation for us and the dog. Ideally placed for long walks, beach fun and surfing. We loved it and can't wait to return. Thank you!
Sandpipers was absolutely perfect for us, fabulous view of the sunset and easy access to the beach, loved it, thank you.
Wonderful place to enjoy the nature!!!
Monique and Thomi
Spent a happy week in this lovely cottage. The amazing sea views enabled us to watch dolphins in the bay both from the lounge area and the decked terrace outside...... Our 6th visit to Velandreath and hopefully not our last.
J & L
Wonderful cozy cottage for two people with incredible view of the sea. Highly recommendable for a stay in the winter because of the underfloor heating. The owner has taken care to furbish each cottage individually using many reclaimed items such as driftwood and art from local painters and designers...
Eric van Rekum
Fantastic stay for our 25th wedding anniversary, great location, beautiful beach, and fab cottage. Really good communication from booking to after care. Brian the caretaker was amazing helping us with our bags and giving us a lovely bottle of wine, thanks Brian, we will definitely be back.
I came down here for a week for my birthday with my partner and even though the weather was unseasonably cold and wet (the week before had been a scorcher!) we had the most wonderful time. We certainly weren't going to let a few days' rain spoil our holiday in this beautiful part of the world! Sandpipers is the most beautiful, tastefully-decorated cottage we've stayed at in the 20 years we've been coming to Sennen Cove...
We had a wonderful 12 days at Sandpipers. We were blessed with perfect weather which made our dream "old-fashioned" beach holiday dream a reality. The location is perfect with great views of Sennen Cove and lovely walks along the coastal path...
A stunning location for a blissful beach holiday. Whatever the weather, there was always that amazing view and we enjoyed some of the most fantastic sunsets staying at Sandpipers. Property itself is cosy but well equipped...
Absolutely stunning holiday home with equally stunning views and to make it even more special I proposed to my partner in the perfect surroundings. Brian and Peter were both very helpful and it all made for a perfect holiday .
I have visited several of these beautiful cottages before with my family and all of them are wonderful with their own personality and charm. My boyfriend and I decided to try Sandpipers this year and it did not disappoint! The picture window gives the most incredible views out to the beach and sea...
We had a lovely time once again, and we had fabulous weather too, sometimes there's nothing better than taking in the sea view from the decking or living room! Rupert our old English sheepdog wishes he could live there!
Another wonderful week at Vallendreath,this time at Sandpipers. We were blessed with good weather,and the views are magical,and I had a great time painting,whilst David walked the dog and played golf at St Just...
David and Diana Holt
We love staying here, perfect location and cottages maintained to a very high standard. Set on the coastal path with extensive grounds, it is perfect for dog owners and for a relaxing break. We have always had a warm welcome and nothing is too much trouble...
Perfect stay at Sandpipers. We loved it and will come again :-)
This s an amazing location for a holiday which has to be seen to be believed. Sandpipers has everything that two people need for a relaxing vacation.
We spent a wonderful vacation in Cornwall. A super region, a homely cottage and absolutely friendly people. Thank you for the wonderful time. We will come again.
Had another great week in these cottages. Sandpipers has lovely views out to sea and is just the right size for two people and a dog.....The cottages are not far from Trengwainton Gardens which is NT and is a must, we enjoyed a couple of visits there with the dog who loved it...
Mr D Jenner