Short breaks are based on Friday - Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday - Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Sandpipers is a reverse level dwelling enjoying its own wooden bridge just 250 meters from the beach with spectacular sea views over Whitesands Bay, Sennen and the Atlantic Ocean.
Completed to a high specification with its own first floor balcony and patio, this exceptionally light and comfortable
property is set in the heart of Vellandreath valley with wonderful sea views.
- Access to this cornish cottage is by a wooden bridge in true nautical style.
- The sheltered decked balcony has superb sea-views and is perfect for al fresco dining and sundowners.
- The open plan living area has wonderful sea views from the large floor to ceiling picture window – superb for watching the sunset.
- There is a compact and well equipped bespoke kitchen and dining area.
- Sandpipers’ high ceilings with exposed beams, granite walls and lime-waxed wooden floors result in a light and airy feel.
- Stairs to the ground floor where there is slate and underfloor heating throughout.
- Here can be found the bedroom boasting an antique brass and iron double bed setting the scene and an en-suite tiled wet-room with power shower, basin and lavatory.
- Outside there is a sheltered private slate patio with garden furniture and a surf board store bordered by attractive granite walls and tropical plants.
- The garden is terraced with colourfull tropical plants complimented by the wonderful scenery of Vellandreath Valley with all its flora, fauna and spectacular panoramic views.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 1 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
Absolutely stunning holiday home with equally stunning views and to make it even more special I proposed to my partner in the perfect surroundings. Brian and Peter were both very helpful and it all made for a perfect holiday .
I have visited several of these beautiful cottages before with my family and all of them are wonderful with their own personality and charm. My boyfriend and I decided to try Sandpipers this year and it did not disappoint! The picture window gives the most incredible views out to the beach and sea...
We had a lovely time once again, and we had fabulous weather too, sometimes there's nothing better than taking in the sea view from the decking or living room! Rupert our old English sheepdog wishes he could live there!
Another wonderful week at Vallendreath,this time at Sandpipers. We were blessed with good weather,and the views are magical,and I had a great time painting,whilst David walked the dog and played golf at St Just...
David and Diana Holt
We love staying here, perfect location and cottages maintained to a very high standard. Set on the coastal path with extensive grounds, it is perfect for dog owners and for a relaxing break. We have always had a warm welcome and nothing is too much trouble...
Perfect stay at Sandpipers. We loved it and will come again :-)
This s an amazing location for a holiday which has to be seen to be believed. Sandpipers has everything that two people need for a relaxing vacation.
We spent a wonderful vacation in Cornwall. A super region, a homely cottage and absolutely friendly people. Thank you for the wonderful time. We will come again.
Had another great week in these cottages. Sandpipers has lovely views out to sea and is just the right size for two people and a dog.....The cottages are not far from Trengwainton Gardens which is NT and is a must, we enjoyed a couple of visits there with the dog who loved it...
Mr D Jenner
Just a short line to let you know what a wonderful time we had staying at Sandpipers.There is only one word needed to describe our stay and that is PERFECT ! We will be back again soon. Many thanks to the team at Vellandreath Phil & Jane
Phil & Jane Channing & Hugo the dog
Thank you for another great holiday at Sandpipers. It really is a bit of paradise and a beautiful place to relax and unwind. We hope to return again next year...
Jill and Lynda
Another excellent stay in vellandreath cottages. Sandpiper bigger than Basking Shark where we stayed last year both have beautiful views. Our dog Susie thinks she has found doggie heaven and so do we.
Our second year at Vellandreath Cornish Cottages and just as lovely as the first time. Sandpipers has beautiful views out to sea and is a very comfy cottage (we stayed in Little Petra last year which was also great)...
This is a lovely cottage. It is cosy and beautifully equipped. It really has everything we need and of course the most beautiful view of the bay. The cottage and all the others are presented with great style...