Sleeps up to 6 people
over 3 bedrooms
- Friday changeover
You can optionally create an account to save time on future bookings.
Book this property
Short breaks are based on Friday - Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday - Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Penrose is perfect for families and boasts a south-facing garden with sea views and a sheltered slate patio. Unspoilt, traditional and attractively furnished in cottage style, this south-facing property overlooks the sea and is set in a private walled garden, threaded by a stream, just 250 metres from the beach.
- Entrance hall with coat cupboard and slate floor.
- Living room with exposed stonework and beams, leather sofas, ‘Victorian’ wood-burning stove in granite inglenook and rugs on slate floor.
- Dining area.
- Separate fitted pine kitchen with wonderful sea views.
- Stable door leading to secluded patio and split-level garden, again with wonderful views.
- Stairs to first floor: Attractive double bedroom with ornate antique bed.
- Further cosy bedroom with single bed and built-in bed.
- Small pretty bunk bedroom with skylight.
- Stripped pine floor with rugs in all bedrooms.
- Large bathroom with shower attachment, toilet, slate floor and superb views.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 2 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...
What our guests say...
Lovely secluded retreat close to beach and great walks etc very clean well presented and helpful staff. I would definitely stay again.
I have to say this was the BEST holiday I’ve had in a long while! The accommodation was superb, it’s location was incredible, the cottage facilities were fantastic, everything is catered for...
We booked the cottage for a family celebration of my 50th birthday and it was wonderful. The cottage was beautifully appointed, very clean and warm. The location in the sand dunes by the beach is fabulous...
As usual a wonderful holiday. Peaceful, stunning scenery and beautiful cottage.
Absolutely lovely 5 days in Penrose Cottage...
Had a lovely week at Penrose - quaint cottage with cool bunk beds. Thanks to Brian for his help and humour.
We had a wonderful stay at Penrose Cottage. The overall standard of the facilities and cleanliness of the cottage was excellent... The location was perfect and we will certainly be holidaying with Vellandreath again...
Wonderful stay at Vellandreath. The cottage was perfect for us - comfortable and well appointed, and the location is superb. I can't imagine a better place to stay in the whole area. Brian looked after us very well...
Helen & Nancy
We had an absolutely perfect stay at Penrose. Brian the caretaker was wonderfully helpful and friendly on my arrival with two young children and the cottage was beautiful, cosy and well equipped. The location provided the perfect ,idyllic and secluded getaway we wanted ...
Our family had a wonderful time at the cottage it was very warm and very comfortable to stay the surroundings were amazing to wake up to hear the ocean in the morning was so magical. The sunrise and sunset was just amazing together with blue ocean ...
Beautiful cottage in an idyllic location.
A lovely cottage in a beautiful tranquil location within the sight and the sound of the waves
Had a fab weekend here in this pretty cottage. Perfect location and will definitely be back.
When we walked into our holiday cottage "Penrose" it was beautiful! Everywhere was lovely and clean. The bedding was clean and fresh not to mention comfort. The views were outstanding! From booking to being looked after whilst there was 5 star! We will be re- booking with out a doubt! Thank you to you all for making our holiday perfect! Julie Ball
We had a very lovely stay at the Vellandreath Cornish Cottages! (It's really as pretty, as on the pictures on the website...:o)). The beach, surfing school, nice restaurant: just a 5 minutes walk away...