Castaways Sleeps up to 4 people over 2 bedrooms - Saturday changeover
You can optionally create an account to save time on future bookings.
Book this property
Short breaks are based on Saturday - Tuesday changeovers (3 nights) and Tuesday - Saturday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged.
Castaways is a south facing former net loft and is snugly set in the dunes, only 250 metres from the beach with its own sun-trapped garden, bordered by a stream, enjoying spectacular views over Whitesands Bay, Sennen and Sennen Cove, with distant glimpses of the Isles of Scilly.
- Slate steps wind down to the front door through terraced gardens with pretty flowers and lawned borders offering seats to soak up the ambience of Vellandreath Valley and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Castaways’ open plan living area and bespoke conservatory brings the “outside – inside” assuring a unique stay.
- Castaways’ exposed beams, high ceilings and granite walls grant it immense character and charm.
- Castaways has underfloor heating throughout the ground floor assuring a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
- Open Castaways’ tri-fold glazed patio doors off its high ceilinged conservatory and the inside living area magically merges with the garden resulting in an excellent design feature.
- Castaways has a spacious open plan living / dining room with a freestanding beech kitchen area complete with “touch sensitive” hob, convection oven, micro-wave and belfast sink.
- The pretty double bedroom with antique brass and iron double bed has rugs on slate floors and an ornate antique wardrobe. Leading from this high ceilinged sleeping space is the en-suite tiled wet room with a power shower, basin and lavatory.
- From the open plan living area stripped pine stairs lead to the first floor with complimentary night storage heating throughout assuring a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
- Further family bathroom and sleeping area with a double bed, high beamed ceilings, original sash window giving way to sea views with another feature window overlooking the garden and stream.
- Granite walls compliment lime-waxed floorboards surrounded by attractive furnishings in this rustic but contemporary fisherman’s cottage setting.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
- We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility.
- Check in from 3pm to 5:30pm. Check out by 10am on the day of departure.
- An optional luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- We have our own private car park at the entrance to Vellandreath Valley.
- During high season you may park a maximum of 2 vehicles in our car park.
Have you also considered...< >
What our guests say...
Tony, Hilary, Tom and Lisa
Andy, Gill, Pat, Jerrer, Alf & Mills
Mr and Mrs K
Rainer u. Mela with kids from germany
Mike & Alison with Jazz & Bobbi (2 labs)
Martin and Sarah Kent
Kerry & Keith