Whitebreakers - sleeps 6
Holiday cottage in Cornwall that sleeps 6 people over 3 bedrooms
& book now
“A little piece of heaven . . .” That’s how the local postman has described Vellandreath, a lovely and hidden corner of West Penwith in Far West Cornwall overlooking the wide sweep of Whitesands Bay, Sennen.
Well-appointed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – a haven for botanists, wildlife enthusiasts, beachcombers, climbers, ramblers and watermen – this delightful holiday cottage in Cornwall by the sea is set in the privately owned, unspoilt 8-acre Vellandreath Valley in Sennen, by the beach, bordered by a stream and sand dunes offering spectacular panoramic sea views all year round.
Converted with flair and imagination this quiet and magical setting is only accessible on foot down the sandy beach path from Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Cornwall.
This cosy cornish cottage is perfect for families and boasts an enclosed south-facing garden with wonderful sea views. Inside every room has a sea view in this whitewashed, south-facing fisherman’s cottage, which nestles in the dunes amongst palm trees with the beach just 200 metres away…
What our guests say...
Eric van Rekum
Paul & Fi
Julie & Jean van Vuuren
Send to a friend
Attractive, open-plan living room overlooking a pretty south-facing walled garden, bordered by a stream. This room has exposed beams and large granite inglenook with ‘Victorian’ wood-burning stove.
- Kitchen/dining area.
- Open-plan stairs to first floor:
- Three pretty bedrooms; one double room with ornate antique iron bed; two further cosy bedrooms, each with single bed and built-in bed.
- Bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet.
- All rooms have rugs on pine floors.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
Whitebreakers is only accessible by foot down the sandy beach path from our private car park off Sunny Corner Lane, a distance of 250 metres. We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility. Due to the uneven ground of the sand dunes it is advisable to wear sensible shoes. If you are arriving after dark please take a torch. A luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Sleeps up to 6 people
- Great for kids
- Bed linen and towels included
- Travel cot and high chair by arrangement
- Wood-burning stove – initial fuel included (additional fuel supplied and delivered at cost)
- Electric Night Storage Heaters (cost included)
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Freesat TV
- Garden with patio and furniture
- Private car park 150–200 metres
- Luggage can be transported up and down the valley by tractor – small charge payable to driver
- Wet suit and surf board for hire locally
- Pets are welcome but notice must be given in advance (a small charge / deposit may be required for more than one pet)
- Unsuitable for the infirm and those with restricted mobility
- Saturday to Saturday Changeover
- Dogs are permitted on the sand dunes, neighbouring Gwenver beach, and Whitesand’s Bay (restricted access during the day in summer at Whitesands Bay).