CASTAWAYS sleeps 4
Sleeps 4 People over 2 bedrooms – Holiday Cottages in Sennen Cornwall by the Sea
That’s how the local postman has described Vellandreath, a lovely and hidden corner of West Penwith in Far West Cornwall overlooking the wide sweep of Whitesands Bay, Sennen.
Well appointed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – a haven for botanists, wildlife enthusiasts, beachcombers, climbers, ramblers and watermen – this delightful Holiday Cottage in Cornwall by the Sea is set in the privately owned, unspoilt 8 acre Vellandreath Valley in Sennen, by the beach, bordered by a stream and sand dunes offering spectacular panoramic sea views all year round.
Converted with flair and imagination this quiet and magical setting is only accessible on foot down the sandy beach path from Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Cornwall.
Castaways is a south facing former net loft and is snugly set in the dunes, only 250 metres from the beach with its
own sun-trapped garden, bordered by a stream, enjoying spectacular views over Whitesands Bay, Sennen and
Sennen Cove, with distant glimpses of the Isles of Scilly.
Completed to a very high specification with a feature high ceiling conservatory, this exceptionally light and comfortable
property is set in the heart of Vellandreath Valley and is surrounded by its own beautiful sheltered terraced garden,
bordered by a stream with wonderful sea views.
• Slate steps wind down to the front door through terraced gardens with pretty flowers and lawned borders offering seats to soak up the ambience of Vellandreath Valley and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Castaways’ open plan living area and bespoke conservatory brings the “outside – inside” assuring a unique stay.
• Castaways’ exposed beams, high ceilings and granite walls grant it immense character and charm.
• Castaways has underfloor heating throughout the ground floor assuring a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
• Open Castaways’ tri-fold glazed patio doors off its high ceilinged conservatory and the inside living area magically merges with the garden resulting in an excellent design feature.
• Castaways has a spacious open plan living / dining room with a freestanding beech kitchen area complete with “touch sensitive” hob, convection oven, micro-wave and belfast sink.
• The pretty double bedroom with antique brass and iron double bed has rugs on slate floors and an ornate antique wardrobe. Leading from this high ceilinged sleeping space is the en-suite tiled wet room with a power shower, basin and lavatory.
•From the open plan living area stripped pine stairs lead to the first floor with complimentary night storage heating throughout assuring a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
• Further family bathroom and sleeping area with a double bed, high beamed ceilings, original sash window giving way to sea views with another feature window overlooking the garden and stream.
• Granite walls compliment lime-waxed floorboards surrounded by attractive furnishings in this rustic but contemporary fisherman’s cottage setting.
• An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
Castaways is only accessible by foot down the sandy beach path from our private car park off Sunny Corner Lane, a distance of 250 metres. We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility. Due to the uneven ground of the sand dunes it is advisable to wear sensible shoes. If you are arriving after dark please take a torch. A luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Sleeps 4 people
- Great for kids
- Only 250 metres from the Beach of Whitesands Bay, Sennen – with Superb views
- Situated in a privately owned 8 acre valley designated as an “Area of outstanding natural beauty”
- Terrace with Barbeque and views
- Enclosed garden with garden furniture
- With prior arrangement an additional child under 2 years old is welcome with no extra charge.
- High chair & Travel Cot available upon request – please bring your own cot linen etc.
- Bed linen and towels included
- Underfloor heating on the ground floor assuring a warm & cosy stay whatever the weather (cost included)
- Night Storage Heaters on the first floor assuring a warm & cosy stay whatever the weather (cost included)
- En-suite Wet Room with shower
- Family bathroom
- Electricity included
- Freesat TV & DVD
- Internet access / WiFi available
- Books & games
- Oven, Hob, Microwave, Fridge / Freezer, Dishwasher, Washing-machine/dryer, toaster, kettle, etc
- Private car park 200 metres away
- Luggage can be transported up and down the valley by tractor – small charge payable to driver
- Our Caretaker will be available to greet you during designated arrival times
- Wet suit and surf board for hire locally
- Pets are welcome (max. 2) but notice must be given in advance (a small charge may be required)
- Unsuitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility
- Saturday to Saturday Changeover
- Short breaks are based on Saturday – Tuesday changeovers (3 nights) and Tuesday – Saturday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged
- Dogs are permitted on the sand dunes, neighbouring Gwenver beach, and Whitesand’s Bay (restricted access during the day in summer at Whitesands Bay)