Penrose - sleeps 6
Holiday cottage in Cornwall that sleeps 6 people over 3 bedrooms
& book now
“A little piece of heaven . . .” That’s how the local postman has described Vellandreath, a lovely and hidden corner of West Penwith in Far West Cornwall overlooking the wide sweep of Whitesands Bay, Sennen.
Well-appointed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – a haven for botanists, wildlife enthusiasts, beachcombers, climbers, ramblers and watermen – this delightful holiday cottage in Cornwall by the sea is set in the privately owned, unspoilt 8-acre Vellandreath Valley in Sennen, by the beach, bordered by a stream and sand dunes offering spectacular panoramic sea views all year round.
Converted with flair and imagination this quiet and magical setting is only accessible on foot down the sandy beach path from Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Cornwall.
This cosy cornish cottage is perfect for families and boasts a south-facing garden with sea views and a sheltered slate patio. Unspoilt, traditional and attractively furnished in cottage style, this south-facing property overlooks the sea and is set in a private walled garden, threaded by a stream, just 250 metres from the beach.
What our guests say...
Helen & Nancy
Send to a friend
- Entrance hall with coat cupboard and slate floor.
- Living room with exposed stonework and beams, leather sofas, ‘Victorian’ wood-burning stove in granite inglenook and rugs on slate floor.
- Dining area.
- Separate fitted pine kitchen with wonderful sea views.
- Stable door leading to secluded patio and split-level garden, again with wonderful views.
- Stairs to first floor: Attractive double bedroom with ornate antique bed.
- Further cosy bedroom with single bed and built-in bed.
- Small pretty bunk bedroom with skylight.
- Stripped pine floor with rugs in all bedrooms.
- Large bathroom with shower attachment, toilet, slate floor and superb views.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
Penrose is only accessible by foot down the sandy beach path from our private car park off Sunny Corner Lane, a distance of 250 metres. We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility. Due to the uneven ground of the sand dunes it is advisable to wear sensible shoes. If you are arriving after dark please take a torch. A luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Sleeps up to 6 people
- Great for kids
- Bed linen and towels included
- Travel cot and high chair by arrangement
- Wood-burning stove – initial fuel included (additional fuel supplied and delivered at cost)
- Electric Night Storage Heaters (cost included)
- Freesat TV
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Garden with patio and furniture
- Private car park 200 metres
- Luggage can be transported up and down the valley by tractor – small charge payable to driver
- Wet suit and surf board for hire locally
- Pets are welcome but notice must be given in advance (a small charge / deposit may be required for more than one pet)
- Unsuitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility
- Friday to Friday Changeover
- Dogs are permitted on the sand dunes, neighbouring Gwenver beach, and Whitesand’s Bay (restricted access during the day in summer at Whitesands Bay)