Sheldrake - sleeps 10
Holiday cottage in Cornwall that sleeps 10 people over 5 bedrooms
& book now
“A little piece of heaven . . .” That’s how the local postman has described Vellandreath, a lovely and hidden corner of West Penwith in Far West Cornwall overlooking the wide sweep of Whitesands Bay, Sennen.
Well-appointed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – a haven for botanists, wildlife enthusiasts, beachcombers, climbers, ramblers and watermen – this delightful holiday cottage in Cornwall by the sea is set in the privately owned, unspoilt 8-acre Vellandreath Valley in Sennen, by the beach, bordered by a stream and sand dunes offering spectacular panoramic sea views all year round.
Converted with flair and imagination this quiet and magical setting is only accessible on foot down the sandy beach path from Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Cornwall.
Sheldrake has its own path leading to the shore of Whitesands Bay, Sennen – which lies just 150 metres away. This detached, single-storey, former fisherman’s Cornish Cottage and boathouse enjoys magnificent panoramic sea views and has been attractively furnished throughout. Complimentary heating and a wood-burning stove assures a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
What our guests say...
Huw & Lizzie MacMillan
Ian and Oona McKay
Send to a friend
Sheldrake is well appointed within Vellandreath Valley and its south-facing garden, with three separate terraces, is a positive sun trap with Echium and Cornish palms enhancing the tropical feel to this wonderful coastal location.
- Spacious, very comfortably furnished living room with leather sofas, ‘Victorian’ wood-burning stove, slate-style floor with rug, picture windows and large, glazed door to terrace with glorious views over the bay to Sennen Cove and distant glimpses of the Isles of Scilly providing an “outside – inside” living experience.
- Separate fully equipped traditional farmhouse kitchen/dining room overlooking the patio and beach with slate worktops, antique dresser, slate floor and back door leading to garden.
- Cloakroom with toilet.
- Two double bedrooms with superb views, each with en-suite shower room and toilet; one with Victorian brass double bed and one with ornate antique double bed.
- Two further prettily decorated cosy bedrooms, each with single bed and built-in bed.
- Family bathroom with shower attachment and toilet.
- Further small and very compact bedroom with 3 ft wide bunk bed (recommended for children).
- Complimentary night storage heating throughout property assuring a warm and cosy stay whatever the weather.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
Sheldrake is only accessible by foot down the sandy beach path from our private car park off Sunny Corner Lane, a distance of 250 metres. We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility. Due to the uneven ground of the sand dunes it is advisable to wear sensible shoes. If you are arriving after dark please take a torch. A luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Sleeps 10 people
- Great for kids
- Only 150 metres from the beach of Whitesands Bay, Sennen – superb views
- Situated in a privately owned 8 acre valley designated as an “Area of outstanding natural beauty”
- South-facing garden with Barbeque and three separate terraces with panoramic views
- Garden furniture provided
- With prior arrangement an additional child under 2 years old is welcome with no extra charge
- High chair & Travel Cot available upon request – please bring your own cot linen etc.
- Bed linen and towels included
- Wood-burning stove with initial fuel included (additional fuel supplied and delivered at cost)
- Night Storage Heaters throughout property assuring a warm & cosy stay whatever the weather (cost included)
- Electricity included
- Freesat TV & DVD
- Internet access / WiFi available
- Books & games
- Oven, Hob, Microwave, Fridge / Freezer, Dishwasher, Washing-machine/dryer, toaster, kettle, etc
- Private car park 250 metres away
- Luggage can be transported up and down the valley by tractor – small charge payable to driver
- Our Caretaker will be available to greet you during designated arrival times
- Wet suit and surfboard for hire locally
- Pets are welcome (max. 2) but notice must be given in advance (a small charge may be required)
- The 5th bedroom is a compact “Bunk-bed Room” recommended for children
- Unsuitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility
- Saturday to Saturday Changeover
- Short breaks are based on Saturday – Tuesday changeovers (3 nights) and Tuesday – Saturday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged
- Dogs are permitted on the sand dunes, neighbouring Gwenver beach, and Whitesands Bay (restricted access during the day in summer at Whitesands Bay).