SANDPIPERS sleeps 2
Sleeps 2 People over 1 Double Bedroom – Holiday Cottages in Sennen Cornwall by the Sea
That’s how the local postman has described Vellandreath, a lovely and hidden corner of West Penwith in Far West Cornwall overlooking the wide sweep of Whitesands Bay, Sennen.
Well appointed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – a haven for botanists, wildlife enthusiasts, beachcombers, climbers, ramblers and watermen – this delightful holiday cottage in Cornwall by the Sea is set in the privately owned, unspoilt 8 acre Vellandreath Valley in Sennen, next to the beach, bordered by a stream and sand dunes offering spectacular panoramic sea views all year round.
Converted with flair and imagination this quiet and magical setting is only accessible on foot down the sandy beach path from Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Cornwall.
Sandpipers is a reverse level dwelling enjoying its own wooden bridge just 250 meters from the beach with spectacular sea
views over Whitesands Bay, Sennen and the Atlantic Ocean.
Completed to a high specification with its own first floor balcony and patio, this exceptionally light and comfortable
property is set in the heart of Vellandreath valley with wonderful sea views.
• Access to this cornish cottage is by a wooden bridge in true nautical style.
• The sheltered decked balcony has superb sea-views and is perfect for al fresco dining and sundowners.
• The open plan living area has wonderful sea views from the large floor to ceiling picture window – superb for watching the sunset.
• There is a compact and well equipped bespoke kitchen and dining area.
• Sandpipers’ high ceilings with exposed beams, granite walls and lime-waxed wooden floors result in a light and airy feel.
• Stairs to the ground floor where there is slate and underfloor heating throughout.
• Here can be found the bedroom boasting an antique brass and iron double bed setting the scene and an en-suite tiled wet-room with power shower, basin and lavatory.
• Outside there is a sheltered private slate patio with garden furniture and a surf board store bordered by attractive granite walls and tropical plants.
• The garden is terraced with colourfull tropical plants complimented by the wonderful scenery of Vellandreath Valley with all its flora, fauna and spectacular panoramic views.
• An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
Sandpipers is only accessible by foot down the sandy beach path from our private car park off Sunny Corner Lane, a distance of 250 metres. We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility. Due to the uneven ground of the sand dunes it is advisable to wear sensible shoes. If you are arriving after dark please take a torch. A luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Sleeps 2 people
- Great for kids
- Only 250 metres from the Beach of Whitesands Bay, Sennen – with Superb views
- Situated in a privately owned 8 acre valley designated as an “Area of outstanding natural beauty”
- First floor balcony overlooking Vellandreath and Whitesands Bay with wonderful sea views.
- Terraced garden & sheltered patio with surfboard store
- With prior arrangement an additional child under 2 years old is welcome with no extra charge.
- High chair & Travel Cot available upon request – please bring your own cot linen etc.
- Bed linen and towels included
- Underfloor heating on the ground floor assuring a warm & cosy stay whatever the weather (cost included)
- En-suite Wet Room with shower
- Electricity included
- Freesat TV & DVD
- Internet access / WiFi available
- Books & games
- Oven, Hob, Microwave, Fridge / Freezer, Washing-machine/dryer, toaster, kettle, etc
- Private car park 200 metres away
- Luggage can be transported up and down the valley by tractor – small charge payable to driver
- Our Caretaker will be available to greet you during designated arrival times
- Wet suit and surf board for hire locally
- Pets are welcome (max. 2) but notice must be given in advance (a small charge may be required)
- Unsuitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility
- Friday to Friday Changeover
- Short breaks are based on Friday – Monday changeovers (3 nights) and Monday – Friday changeovers (4 nights) unless otherwise arranged
- Dogs are permitted on the sand dunes, neighbouring Gwenver beach, and Whitesand’s Bay (restricted access during the day in summer at Whitesands Bay).