WHITE ROSE sleeps 5
Sleeps 5 people over 3 bedrooms – Holiday Cottages in Cornwall by the Sea
That’s how the local postman has described Vellandreath, a lovely and hidden corner of West Penwith in Far West Cornwall overlooking the wide sweep of Whitesands Bay, Sennen.
Well appointed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – a haven for botanists, wildlife enthusiasts, beachcombers, climbers, ramblers and watermen – this delightful holiday cottage in Cornwall by the Sea is set in the privately owned, unspoilt 8-acre Vellandreath Valley in Sennen, next to the beach, bordered by a stream and sand dunes offering spectacular panoramic sea views all year round.
Converted with flair and imagination this quiet and magical setting is only accessible on foot down the sandy beach path from Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Cornwall.
This cosy cornish cottage is perfect for families and boasts a south-facing garden with sea views.
In a secluded setting next to a stream and behind Cornish palms and roses, this traditional granite-built cottage faces south and is just 200 metres from the beach.
• Light, open-plan, beamed living room with wood-burning stove in a granite inglenook.
• Kitchen/dining area with half glazed door to pretty garden with sea view.
• Open-plan stairs to first floor landing
• Two double bedrooms with ornate antique beds and views over the garden and sand dunes.
• Small single bedroom with sea view.
• Bathroom with shower attachment and toilet.
• All rooms are attractively decorated with rugs on pine floors.
• An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vellandreath has No Vehicular Access = No cars = No Traffic = Peace & Quiet.
Whiterose is only accessible by foot down the sandy beach path from our private car park off Sunny Corner Lane, a distance of 250 metres. We advise that this property is not suitable for the infirm or those with restricted mobility. Due to the uneven ground of the sand dunes it is advisable to wear sensible shoes. If you are arriving after dark please take a torch. A luggage service is available at check-in and departure times.
- Sleeps up to 5 people
- Great for kids
- Bed linen and towels included
- Travel cot and high chair by arrangement
- Wood-burning Stove set in inglenook fireplace – initial fuel included (additional fuel supplied and delivered at cost)
- Electric Night Storage Heaters (cost included)
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Freesat TV
- Garden with patio and furniture
- Private car park 150–200 yds
- Luggage can be transported up and down the valley by tractor – small charge payable to driver
- Wet suit and surf board for hire locally
- Pets are welcome but notice must be given in advance (a small charge / deposit may be required for more than one pet)
- Unsuitable for the infirm and those with restricted mobility
- Saturday to Saturday Changeover
- Dogs are permitted on the sand dunes, neighbouring Gwenver beach, and Whitesand’s Bay (restricted access during the day in summer at Whitesands Bay)